Monday, March 23, 2009

Bill HR 40 - Commission to Study Reparation Proposals for African-Americans Act

This is why we can not and will never heal as a nation. All this bill will do is continue the anger in people. I never owned a slave (getting me off the hook) and I don't know any one who was a slave (making the people I know ineligible).

My grandparents came over from Poland 100 years ago. As much as they loved their country they fled the brutality of an invader. Do I go back to Russia and demand reparations for the suffering of the Poles? As sad as my grandmother was to never have seen her parents again I am thankful to her for her sacrifice which enabled me to be born in the greatest country in the world. I would not have the freedoms and opportunities America offers if it wasn't for her courage.

Read the bill:
http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c106:H.R.40:

1 comment:

  1. You are so right the country can never heal because of things like this. It is time to get over it and get on with our lives. Our new president shows that if you are black you can do anything!!! I have never owned any slaves except my child ha ha ha.

    ReplyDelete